LG officially announced their new LG G3 in London and all over the world. LG now promises us that we are getting a new and powerful flagship device from them. The rumors and leaked images are real having the G3 with the 5.5″ QuadHD display 4x sharper than a HD display. LG’s punch line for 2014 is “Simple is the new Great” with just the SIMPLICITY of their new flagship, they want a simple device but with more complexity “Simple is the new smart” We will be summarizing all the parts.
“This device will surely be One of the HOTTEST and BEST smartphone of 2014” – Digitalfeedmedia Tech
Screen size: 5.5inch
Display: QuadHD display (2560 X 1440)
Processor: 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974-AB processor
Chipset: Snapdragon 801
Front Facing: 2.1MP (Ultimate Selfie Cam)
Rear Camera: 13MP with OIS+, dual flash and Laser Auto Focus
Micro SD: YES up to 128MB Max storage
Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X)
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Battery: 3000mAh Removable battery
Software: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
UI: Smart LG UX
Availability: Reports say around £550
LG is bringing us 4x sharper HD display with the QuadHD display of the G3 but with the sharper display comes a shorter battery life, but wait. LG promises us more efficient battery life from the G3 that it can handle the QuadHD by giving us 3A that will help conserve battery life with their all new;
- Adaptive Frame Rate – Less energy
- Adaptive Clocking – Reduce battery CPU consumption
- Adaptive Timing Control – Optimize display consumption
LG is bringing us 20% improved camera quality and with the first ever Laser Auto-focus smartphone that we can all see on advanced DSLR and LG is talking about Slefies and they are bringing the G3 with what they call the “Ultimate Selfie Cam” with their new Selfie Gesture, just raise your hand and your G3 will automatically count down and take your selfie. We will summarize all the new G3 camera specifications;
- 13MP OIS + (20% more improved than the G2)
- Laser Auto-Focus that can take focus 0.276 milliseconds
- Larger Sensor, 4 Lenses, F2.0
LG promises us more premium design factor with their new Metallic Skin with their modern design and now with new flatter LG UI that can compliment with the new sharper display of the G3, LG gave us 4 UX changes;
- Simple Flat Graphics
- Circle Graphic Motif
- Mature Feeling Colors
- Flip and Dynamics
LG focuses on their new Simple Design with their new Metallic Skin, New and improved rear keys that we can’t see on any other smartphone;
- New Metallic skin with light weight
- New and improved Rear Key
LG also mentioned that we are getting new smarter UI like their punch line “Simple is the new Smart” we are getting 3 new UI experience from LG;
- Smart Keyboard – much enhanced and new features from your keyboard.
- Smart Notice – It will help you and remind you with everything, making life much easier than before.
- Smart Security:
- Knock Code – It will make your phone much safer without showing your pass codes.
- Content Lock – You have the power to lock your folder that only you can open; LG mentioned that they made the Content Lock more secure that no one can open the locked folder but the owner.
- Kill Switch – You have the power to wipe everything if your phone got stolen, all your files will be erased from your smartphone so that your personal information won’t be visible and your G3 won’t be used by others.
LG made the G3 smarter that before, by giving us much smarter features and more complex features.
You can get these companion products from LG:
(Pricing are still unavailable as of May 28, 2014)
- Quick Circle Case
- Wireless Charger
- G Pad
- LG Tone Infinim
- LG G Watch
All images shown above are owned by: lg.com