Antonio Brown Lashes Out at NFL, Again says ‘I’ll never play’

0

Free agent wide receiver Antonio Brown has announced he is, once again, done with the NFL after a turbulent two months in which he was cut by two teams and accused of sexual assault and rape by a former personal trainer.

Brown previously declared he was done with the NFL after the New England Patriots cut him in September, but had since resumed training in hopes of being signed by a third team this season.

He was reportedly scheduled to meet with the NFL on Wednesday to discuss the rape and sexual assault allegations. Sources told ESPN that Brown was eager to give his testimony because teams have expressed an interest in signing him if and when the league drops its investigation.

An NFL spokesman declined to comment on any potential meeting.

Brown’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for confirmation.

Personal trainer and former Central Michigan gymnast Britney Taylor accused Brown of raping her and sexually assaulting her on three occasions between 2017 and 2018 at his mansions in suburban Pittsburgh and in south Florida. The NFL has already spoken to Taylor, who initially sued Brown in federal court, but has since dropped that lawsuit and refiled in Broward County, Florida civil court.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here